Thank you for contacting Federal Assets Auctioneers! Our customers are very important to us – if you have any questions/concerns please feel free to contact our customer service department during regular business hours.
Customer service is currently not in the office but will get back to you within one business day, once we return. Our normal business hours for customer service are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time. We have provided a few Frequently Asked Questions below for your reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are the items guaranteed to be authentic?
All items are guaranteed to be authentic and will be exactly as stated in the descriptions listed within the lots. In addition, pieces of jewelry that are listed at auction will come with an appraisal from a third party gemologist. There are some lots that may not have an appraisal to accompany it, but this will be shown at auction as such. Hopefully this will resolve any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact us again with any further questions.
2. I am confused as to how I make payment using a credit card! Help!
You should have received an email from “Federal Assets Auctioneers” in the said email, if you scroll down you will be able to see an option to “Pay online.” If you click there, you will be able to pay safely and securely by credit card. Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
3. I am very new to online auctions. My question was how has the authenticity of this Rolex been checked? Is there or has there been an instance where the item was declared a replica or fake?
We are not experts in jewelry or watches, which is why we send all consigned jewelry and watches to certified G.I.A. (Gemological Institute of America) appraisers for their expert opinion. After an item has been sent out for appraisal and verified authentic we catalog the item accordingly and attach the received opinion of the expert to the item listing (generally located as the last picture on the lot). We believe the expert will describe the items listed accurately and to the best of his/her knowledge. In the event an item of jewelry or watch has been customized such as, but not limited to dial, band, diamonds etc., the appraisal will identify this in the description. Please be sure to acknowledge and understand the entirety of the appraisal prior to bidding. If you are not 100% certain on the proposed item you are interested in, please do not bid.
4. Why is the total amount on my invoice different than the amount that I bid?
As per the agreed upon bidding contract that outlines the details of the auction costs; here are the invoice costs details:
- There will be a 19.5% buyer’s premium on the hammer price of all items
- There will be a fixed shipping charge attached to each item, depending on what type of item you purchased, and an additional fee may be attached for all items that are being shipped internationally. Below is a table of our current shipping charges and/or fees:
SHIPPING & HANDLING
- Domestic shipping is free
- $0.00-$500 ships U.S. Mail
- $501-$5,000 ships UPS Ground
- $5,001-$15,000 ships UPS 3 Day
- $15,001-$25,000 ships UPS 2 Day
- $25,001 and up ships UPS Overnight
- Discount for future auction credit and Expedited shipping when paid by bank wire
For international shipping:
- An additional fee will be attached for all items that are being shipped internationally.
ALL SHIPPING AND HANDLING PRICES, MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. ALL ITEMS MUST BE SHIPPED BY FEDERAL ASSETS AUCTIONEERS. WILL CALL IS NOT AVAILABLE AS WE DO NOT KEEP ANY INVENTORY AT OUR OFFICES DUE TO SECURITY CONCERNS. ALL ORDER FULFILLMENT TAKES PLACE AT A DIFFERENT SECURE LOCATION AND AS A RESULT WE ARE UNABLE TO ALLOW ITEMS TO BE PICKED UP. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VAT DUTIES, BROKER FEES, AND OTHER IMPORT FEES
Please call our customer service department at (866) 392-6229 during normal business hours